For the quiz-type items that come with your course, there are consistent settings within each course. In case you wish to mimic the same settings for custom content, or to review the settings to see if you would like to change them, the settings are provided in this article for all courses.
All Quiz-Type Pages
For all quiz-type pages, no matter if a major or minor assessment, the default settings are:
- Students can view their own response
- Students cannot view what the correct answer was
- All questions for assessment are shown at once (not one at a time)
- Possible answers (i.e., for multiple choice) are shuffled for each student
- No time limit
In addition to the items listed above for all quiz-type pages, minor assessments have the following settings. These include CfUs (EIC), Lesson Practices (Intro), Fast Starts (AP CS A), and Review Questions (AP CS A).
- Unlimited attempts allowed
- Highest score saved to the gradebook
In addition to the items listed above for all quiz-type pages, major assessments have the following settings. This includes all quizzes and exams or tests.
- One attempt allowed
- Access code required
Regarding access codes, read more about what they are and where to find them here.