You can view the course access report for an individual user in the People section of your course. The course access report shows a summary of user participation in your course. You can view the full specific report for a student by viewing student analytics.
To start, navigate to your course analytics. Then, follow the steps shown in the GIF below.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page for Student Analytics table
- Click on a student's name to open their analytics page
- Then, click on their name at the top of their individual analytics page to view the User Details page
- Select "Access Report" from the buttons on the far right-hand side.
View Access Report
The access report will show you:
- The content the user has viewed .
- The number of times the user viewed the content . A view is counted each time a user navigates to the URL where the content resides or downloads an attachment.
- The number of times the user participated (if applicable, such as posting to a discussion or submitting an assignment) .
- The last time the user viewed the content .
To return to the User Details page, click the Back to User Page button .
View Course Navigation Content Icons
When the user clicks on links directly in Course Navigation and views an index page, icons display for the following links:
- Course Home 
- Grades 
- Syllabus 
- Outcomes 
- Modules 
View Course Participation Content Icons
When a user navigates to course content areas from Course Navigation or views named course content, the following icons display in the access report:
- Assignments : displays next to graded and ungraded assignments. Participation is counted if the user submits an assignment.
- Discussions : displays next to discussions and announcements. Participation is counted if a user posts a reply. If the user accesses content from an announcement, such as an assignment, the Access Report displays a Discussion icon.
- Quizzes : displays next to quizzes. Participation is counted if a user starts a quiz, even if they do not submit any answers.
- External Link : displays next to external links and embedded tools such as the coding environments.