Within Modules, you can view the progress of your students and see how they are progressing through the course.
Module progress is determined by the students completing required elements in the module. If you don't set up any requirements, you won't be able to track your students' progress within each module. Required elements may include requiring the students viewing a page, submitting an assignment, or earning a minimum score on an assignment or quiz. For more information, see the articles on setting up and editing both prerequisites and requirements, and on the difference between the two.
1. Start by opening the Modules page in the course platform by clicking the link in the left-hand side course menu.
2. To view student progress in your course, click the "View Progress" button .
- Note: As a reminder, the Modules page displays an overview of each module and the content within each module. Any completion requirements are listed next to the module content item . Prerequisite requirements are posted at the top of the module .
3. Click the name of the student whose progress you wish to view. Click another name to view another student, and so on.
4. Review the Module Progress window (shown below). At the unit-level, each unit can be completed, in progress, or locked (see more on this under the image). The course items for which the student has not yet met the requirement will be listed under each in progress unit.
For example, if student Emily Boone wanted to know why she was unable to move on to the "Bill of Rights" unit as shown below, the teacher would be able to tell her that she has not yet met the requirement for the "Class Reading" in the "Class Information" unit.
- Modules that have no completion requirements, or modules where the students have completed the requirements, will be marked as completed.
- If a student is in the middle of a module, the module will be marked as in progress.
- If a module cannot yet be accessed by the student because of completion or prerequisite requirements, the module will be marked as locked.
- If a student is able to access a module but they have not yet completed any requirements (i.e., viewing a page), the module will be marked as unlocked and no requirements will be shown. Once the student completes any requirement for the module, it will be marked as in progress.