Let's start by where to locate these settings in the course.
1. Starting in the course platform, select "Modules" on the left-hand side menu, and click on to the assignment you'd like to edit.
2. Press the "Edit" button on the upper right-hand corner and scroll to the bottom to the "Assign" box to view the "Due", "Available from", and "Until" fields.
- The date after which a graded item will be marked as late in the gradebook.
- Students can continue to submit items after the due date unless an availability date is set.
- Click here to learn how to know a student has submitted an assignment past the deadline.
- Can be set to be different for individual students and for sections of the same course.
- If a course has custom grading periods, this date determines which grading period the graded item falls in the gradebook.
- The dates that a graded item can be accessed by an individual or section of students.
- Students will not be able to view the course item outside of these dates.
- Allows teachers to lock graded items so that students cannot submit items after a specific date and time.
- Allows teachers to lock graded items so that students cannot view items until specific date and time.