If you are a returning AP CS A teacher, there is no submission required! Your school administrator can simply renew the course for 2020-21, per the AP Course Audit Manual page 20.
If you are new to teaching AP CS A, you will need to follow the steps below in order to successfully complete the course audit process for 2020-21.
1. Begin by logging into your College Board account by clicking here. If you do not have a College Board account, click the "Sign Up" link from that page.
2. Click on "AP Course Audit".
- Note: if you are new to College Board, you may not have this icon! Simply scroll down to “Add Additional Tools and Services” below and select “Get Access” next to the AP Course Audit item:
- On the next page, add “Teacher” as your job function and add your school under “Professional Organization:”
- If you are a homeschooling parent, you will need to choose the “Teacher” role and add your homeschool state under “Professional Organization.”
- Click “Add” and you will be redirected to your account dashboard.
3. From your Course Status page, select "Add Course".
4. Choose your course from the drop-down menu and click "Continue" to complete your selection.
You will be asked to confirm your selection. Click "Add Course" and then "OK" to continue.You will be asked to confirm your selection. Click "Add Course" and then "OK" to continue.
5. Once you are redirected back to the Course Status page, select "Complete Course Audit Form."
6. Indicate that you agree with the statements on the form as shown below.
7. Next, click the “Select Textbook” button near the bottom of the page and choose Edhesive’s course from the resulting page.
8. Finally, fill in the start and end dates for your academic year, add your initials, and submit the form for administrator approval.
Congratulations! You have now successfully added your Edhesive course to your Course Audit account. Next, pre-approved syllabus.
9. Verify that your textbook entry shows as approved, then click on the "Submit Course Document" button.
10. From the Syllabus Submission page, select "Adopt Unit Guides, a Sample Syllabus, or Endorsed Provider Syllabus" as shown below.
11. Click on "Sample Syllabus - Edhesive" as shown below.
12. Click “Download” to prepare the document for submission.
Once the download is complete, click “Submit.”
13. You will be redirected to the Course Status page, which will look like below.
Congratulations! You have now completed the course audit for your AP CS A course!
- If you need to contact the College Board at any time during this process, please click here for their AP contact information.
- Completing the course audit in this way provides you with direct access to resources such as the AP Practice Exams. If you do not complete the course audit and instead select Edhesive as your online course provider, you will NOT have access to these resources.
- The deadline for the initial submission of course materials (a syllabus and Course Audit form) to the College Board is January 31.
New to the College Board's AP Program?
- Have a school administrator contact AP Services by calling 877-274-6474, Mon - Fri, 8 AM to 4:45 PM EST.
- Once the school is recognized by the AP program, the school administrator or designated AP Coordinator will need to create an Education Professional Account. Should you have any questions about the creation of this account, schools may contact 703-297-3963, Mon - Fri, 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM EST.
- The administrator or designated AP Coordinator will receive communications from College Board regarding AP Exam registration. Your school can elect to host the AP Exam on-site or find a nearby testing center.